TO: GTA Software Executives
ITAC and Macadamian Software are proud to announce the next meeting of the GTA Software Executive Forum (SEF). This session is being hosted by ITAC. The GTA Software Executive Forum brings together high-level software executives to share best practices, exchange ideas, and explore new technologies. The GTA Software Executive Forum is chaired by Sylvain St-German, Director of Process Improvement at Macadamian Software Technologies. By bringing successful software executives together to share knowledge, the Software Executive Forum will raise the effectiveness of member companies, and position Canadian software companies as leaders the rest of the industry looks to for innovation and best practices. Please note that this is not a venue for business development representatives nor is it a venue promote one’s goods or services.
Topic this month: “Delivering Software Faster”
Those of you who have attended last month’s GTA Software Executive Forum have participated to the discussion about “Doing More With Less”, one dimension of the discussion was around efficiencies, automation and productivity. In this context the concept of “Delivering Software Faster” seems a natural next step. As software companies, we are facing continuous challenge related to efficiencies, how can we deliver software faster?
- John Steinbacher from IBM. John has substantial experience in the Waterfall model and is in the midst of a transition to Agile.
- Gary Smith from CoreWorx. Gary Smith is chief Architect and is using the Scrum Agile methodology.
What are the tools, techniques or people management practices that help shorten cycles and get the product out the door sooner?
- What works, what doesn’t
- Are there differences in languages?
- What tools speed up development?
- Does people management matter?
- How can processes and methodologies help?
- How long is an ideal release cycle?
Date: Tuesday, April 7th
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 pm.
Location: ITAC Boardroom, 5090 Explorer Drive, Suite 801, Mississauga
Cost: Complimentary - Pizza and drinks provided
To register: We are now relying on Meetup.Com for registration purposes. Those of you that have not registered on Meetup.com yet need to do so to reserve your seat at the next GTA SEF.
The process takes 10 seconds, to do so simply:
1. Go to http://www.meetup.com/gtasef
2. Fill in your name and email, click Join Us!
3. You will then receive a verification email from firstname.lastname@example.org, click the link in the email to confirm your email address.
4. Fill in the “Request to join this Meetup Group”, click Submit.
5. This will send a request to join that will be accepted shortly after.
6. Once that step is done, go back to http://www.meetup.com/gtasef and RSVP for the up coming events (and following ones if you want)
Hope you will be able to join us!