For more information about participation in any of the ITAC Health Committees please contact Elaine Huesing, Executive Director, ITAC Health, email@example.com; (905) 602.8345 ext 2241
Co-Chairs: Susanne Flett (Healthtech Consultants) and Barry Burk (IBM Canada)
To promote investment in health ICT and the capabilities and interests of the Canadian health ICT industry to government, key decision makers and opinion leaders.
- Meet one-on-one with Ministers of Health (Federal and Provincial) to promote investment in health ICT.
- Support the Minister of Health by meeting with other Ministers, government officials, decision-makers and opinion leaders to promote the eHealth agenda.
- Open up channels for dialogue between senior public servants, decision-makers in the broader health sector (e.g. regional CEO’s and CIO’s), opinion leaders (e.g. medical and hospital associations), and the health ICT industry.
Membership and Program Development (MPD) Committee
Co-Chairs: Jim Shave (Cerner Canada) and TBA
To ensure the association provides increasing value to members by facilitating the involvement of ITAC Health members as vital stakeholders in the move to digital health care in Canada as well as increase their share of profitable HIT business worldwide.
- Grow the membership, by continuously adding membership value and providing valuable communication to Canada’s vendor community
- To provide ITAC Health members with information about and/or providing valuable opportunities for exporting
- Provide ITAC Health with contacts, suggestions and ideas for actively engaging members as key stakeholders and vital contributors in Canada and Internationally.
- Ensure that ITAC Health provides increasing value to members and is recognized as “the leading voice of the healthcare vendors in Canada” or “the national coalition of healthcare vendors in Canada”
Task Forces and Special Interest Groups
- Procurement Task Force – Procurement Task Force Terms of Reference – December 02, 2014
- Emerging Technologies in Health Task Force – under development
Interoperability and Standards Committee (ISC)
Co-Chairs: Ken Stevens (Intelliware) and Toni Skokovic (iNTERFACEWARE)
To promote the adoption of internationally accepted standards for technology, nomenclature, data, and interoperability in healthcare.
- To present a unified industry voice and consultation vehicle for government, associations and policy makers and standard setting bodies.
- To assist the vendor community to become more knowledgeable about standards and interoperability issues and solutions and to share this knowledge and expertise.
- Develop skills and knowledge exchange amongst the members and the wider informatics community.
- To formulate positions on issues that may arise with respect to standards and, undertake work to establish how best to address and resolve these issues.
- To promote and facilitate the establishment of national functionality standards, conformance testing and certification processes, including privacy and security issues, so as to facilitate a “level playing field” for all vendors predicated on quality assurance for the marketplace.
- To ensure the development of secure electronic sharing of patient information (with appropriate patient and physician consent) between vendor systems through the use of Canadian and international interoperability standards.
- To help members adopt internationally accepted standards to allow Canadian companies to sell abroad.