Why ITAC membership would be of value to your organization:
- Potentially help you grow your public and private sector business while boosting your networking and partnering with ICT companies and the relevant public sector departments.
- Give you the opportunity to have an impact on public policy affecting the Canadian ICT sector
- Assist you in building your brand and advocating your interests
Benefits of ITAC membership include:
Engaging & influencing policy discussions with the federal government by:
- Consulting with members and providing input in major policy areas – Budgets, tax & finance issues, legislation that impacts the ICT sector, and submissions to House of Commons and Senate Standing Committees.
- Meeting with Ministers, Deputy Ministers and policy makers on ICT industry issues – Attending private meetings and/or dinners with federal government key Ministers and other senior officials via the Federal Public Sector Business Committee (PSBC) which meets monthly in Ottawa in person or via teleconferencing . At each meeting, senior officials from the Treasury Board Secretariat, PWGSC Acquisitions, Shared Services Canada and the Office of Small & Medium Enterprises, report, seek input, and answer your questions on procurement and policy initiatives.
- Participating in Government delegations to promote international trade
Engaging the Ontario government by:
- Participating in private meetings and/or dinners with Ontario Ministers and other key Ontario government officials through the Ontario Public Sector Business Committee (ON-PSBC) which meets every few months in Toronto to discuss innovation, commercialization.
- Attending breakfasts with the Corporate Chief Information and Information Technology Officer in Ontario (CCIO), together with four of the CCIO’s key CIOs. Hear about the upcoming RFPs here first!
As well as:
- Having the opportunity to network with the most senior Canadian people from each of our member firms at Board of Governors Dinners and at our special “Doing Business With” event series. Large companies also have the opportunity to come and share with smaller companies how and why they need to partner with them and what they are looking for specifically from a partner.
- Being promoted and profiled as an ITAC member on the ITAC website and the Member Network Directory. You will be able to post major news on itac.ca and gain exposure through ITAC’s domestic activities and foreign market development. Every member of your staff is part of the ITAC and so can attend the ITAC’s Events & Workshops at a 50% discount. This means they are all ambassadors for your brand.