The promise of Digital Wallets is that a consumer’s payment cards, membership and loyalty cards, and even cash all “go digital”, enabling a richer and more convenient shopping experience in stores and on-line. This promise, changing consumer behaviour and the convergence of channels and technologies are enabling Digital Wallets to take root in the payments landscape. Everyone, from multinational IT companies to wireless carriers to retailers, is trying to get a foothold in this promising market. Even start-ups are seeing the promise; just consider the rise of Square in the U.S. and Canada.
On April 16, Mike Bradley, Managing Director, NorthCard Inc., will kick off the ITAC Digital Commerce Executive Briefing Series on Digital Wallets. He will present a broad and comprehensive Executive Briefing covering:
- Digital Wallets: What is Commerce 3.0 and why is it driving Digital Wallets? What needs do Digital Wallets meet? What features will make them successful? What channels will drive deployment?
- Financial Sector: How are banks and card networks positioning the opportunity? What are their biggest challenges?
- Telecoms: What is the difference between a Mobile Wallet and a Digital Wallet? Why do Cellcos want to play? What are their strategies? Is NFC a winning formula?
- Retailers: What factors impact retailers? How do retailers manage risk and maximize the value?
- Internet Giants: How are Google and Apple approaching Digital Wallets? Are there opportunities for partnership with traditional industry players?
- Security and Authentication: What are the key challenges and impacts in terms of cyber security and privacy?
|Date||Tuesday, April 16, 2013|
|Schedule||8:00 am– 9:00 am – Registration, Networking and Breakfast
9:00 am – 10:30 am – Presentation & Q&A
|Location||Hyatt Regency Toronto
Regency B Ballroom
370 King St. West, Toronto, ON M5V 1J9
|Cost||ITAC Members –$ 70.00 + HST
Non-Members –$ 100.00 + HST
|Register||CLICK HERE TO REGISTER|
Sponsorship opportunities are available!
Please pass this invitation along to any of your colleagues you think may find this event of interest.
For more information, please contact Micheline Lepage at (613) 238-4822 x 2245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you on April 16th!