ITAC is pleased to announce Mary Whittle as the 2017 ITAC Volunteer of the Year
Each year the Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) recognizes an outstanding volunteer who, through their extraordinary contribution, personifies the importance of our volunteer force, who champions engagement and community building with our membership. Member engagement and volunteerism powers ITAC and we are happy to announce Mary Whittle as the 2017 Volunteer of the Year.
Mary Whittle exemplifies the power of this model through her hard work and dedication over the past few years as the Chair of ITAC Women on Boards Committee and co-Chair of ITAC Diversity Committee. Mary has spent considerable time and dedication to moving the dial on the important issue of gender diversity.
“When members join ITAC committees it allows them to work together with people that inspire others, share their insights and encourage us to adopt a higher standard. Those of you lucky enough to work with or meet Mary will know that she is all of that and more,” noted Robert Watson, President and CEO, ITAC. “Mary has shown tremendous personal passion and her energy has inspired a growing number of volunteers to continue to be involved.”
Mary has engaged and mobilized an effective group of ITAC member volunteers with a clear vision and together they have succeeded in:
- The creation and launch of a national registry of top female “Board ready” leaders that continues to grow with new candidates.
- Facilitated two highly successful Board Readiness leadership events with speakers from ICD, DeGroote and Rotman School of Business and others.
- Mary has represented the ITAC Women on Boards Committee successfully with government at all levels – provincial, federal and municipal – and has raised considerable awareness and passion for the importance of gender diversity on Canadian Boards to academia and industry stakeholders.
- Most recently, Mary successfully facilitated a leadership advisory session to collaboratively work with others working on the same issue…Catalyst, ICD, 30% Club, Women Get on Boards, WCT, Ontario Securities Commission and more.
- Because of our groundbreaking work on the Women on Boards issue, ITAC was invited to open the TSX market last year.
Mary Whittle is the Principal at Strategic Marketing Matters and has sales, marketing and operations experience in technology industry for over 25 years as a corporate executive, entrepreneur and strategic consultant. She has forged trusted relationships with the world’s largest technology organizations and continuously pioneers innovative business practices.