Interoperability and Standards Committee (ISC)
Co-Chairs: Ken Stevens (Intelliware) and Toni Skokovic (iNTERFACEWARE)
Remaining meeting dates for 2017 year: April 6, 2017 and May 4, 2017 – for more information about participation in any of the ITAC Health Committees please contact Elaine Huesing, Executive Director, ITAC Health, firstname.lastname@example.org; (905) 602.8345 ext 2241
To promote the adoption of internationally accepted standards for technology, nomenclature, data, and interoperability in healthcare.
- To present a unified industry voice and consultation vehicle for government, associations and policy makers and standard setting bodies.
- To assist the vendor community to become more knowledgeable about standards and interoperability issues and solutions and to share this knowledge and expertise.
- Develop skills and knowledge exchange amongst the members and the wider informatics community.
- To formulate positions on issues that may arise with respect to standards and, undertake work to establish how best to address and resolve these issues.
- To promote and facilitate the establishment of national functionality standards, conformance testing and certification processes, including privacy and security issues, so as to facilitate a “level playing field” for all vendors predicated on quality assurance for the marketplace.
- To ensure the development of secure electronic sharing of patient information (with appropriate patient and physician consent) between vendor systems through the use of Canadian and international interoperability standards.
- To help members adopt internationally accepted standards to allow Canadian companies to sell abroad.