Employment, Investment, and Revenue in the Canadian App Economy
January 14, 2013
The Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) released a report last year on the Apps Economy in Canada. It explores:
- The economics of app creation;
- The total expenditure on apps and related products and services by Canadians;
- The various avenues of revenue generation and the total revenue generated by the Canadian app-makers;
- The growth potential of the app economy and estimated job creation in this segment as a result of companies and developers looking to build new apps for the growing number and variety of devices coming to market;
- Various technical and non-technical occupations engaged in app creation as well as their composition and direct employment in the app economy;
- Consideration of the potential policy measures that may be beneficial to increasing the contribution made by apps developers to innovation and productivity in Canada.
Read the full report here.