ITAC listed in the Backbone200 - The best of everything in Canadian tech
March 6, 2013
Accoding to Backbone magazine, here are ten associations that make a difference for Canada’s tech sector:
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada: The association that represents those who train the next generation of knowledge workers. Policy areas include research and innovation.
- BIOTECanada: a national association for biotech innovators.
- Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance: the country’s largest high-tech association.
- Canadian Association of Business Incubation: for business incubators and economic development organizations.
- Canadian Clean Technology Coalition: national alliance for companies in the clean-tech sector.
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business: advocacy and research for Canadian small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Canadian IT Law Association: fosters development among Canadian lawyers specializing in IT law, e-commerce and intellectual property.
- Canadian Women in Technology: part of the CATAAlliance, CanWIT encourages women to consider careers in technology and helps accelerate the careers of those already in the sector.
- CIO Association of Canada: networking, professional development and sharing of best practices by IT executives and CIOs.
- Information Technology Association of Canada: the voice of the Canadian ICT industry.
WCIT 2012 also got a mention as one of the three best tech and business conferences held in Canada.