ITAC Invites You to Find Out How Your Wallet is Going Digital!
April 16, 2013
Thank you to our sponsors
The promise of Digital Wallets is that a consumer's payment cards, membership and loyalty cards, and even cash all "go digital", enabling a richer and more convenient shopping experience in stores and on-line. This promise, changing consumer behaviour and the convergence of channels and technologies are enabling Digital Wallets to take root in the payments landscape. Everyone, from multinational IT companies to wireless carriers to retailers, is trying to get a foothold in this promising market. Even start-ups are seeing the promise; just consider the rise of Square in the U.S. and Canada.
On April 16, Mike Bradley, Managing Director, NorthCard Inc., will kick off the ITAC Digital Commerce Executive Briefing Series on Digital Wallets. He will present a broad and comprehensive Executive Briefing covering:
- Digital Wallets: What is Commerce 3.0 and why is it driving Digital Wallets? What needs do Digital Wallets meet? What features will make them successful? What channels will drive deployment?
- Financial Sector: How are banks and card networks positioning the opportunity? What are their biggest challenges?
- Telecoms: What is the difference between a Mobile Wallet and a Digital Wallet? Why do Cellcos want to play? What are their strategies? Is NFC a winning formula?
- Retailers: What factors impact retailers? How do retailers manage risk and maximize the value?
- Internet Giants: How are Google and Apple approaching Digital Wallets? Are there opportunities for partnership with traditional industry players?
- Security and Authentication: What are the key challenges and impacts in terms of cyber security and privacy?
With nearly 25 years' experience in the payments and electronic banking business, Mike works with leading North American retailers, technology companies, banks and card networks to develop strategies and drive key initiatives.
Most recently, Mike managed Visa's products in Canada. Mike drove the deployment of Visa's chip and contactless cards, new credit and debit products and innovation activities including mobile commerce trials and the launch of Visa's Digital Wallet. Mike also sat on Visa's Global Product Management Team.
|Date||Tuesday, April 16, 2013|
8:00 am– 9:00 am – Registration, Networking and Breakfast
Hyatt Regency Toronto
ITAC Members –$ 70.00 + HST
|Register||CLICK HERE TO REGISTER|
Sponsorship opportunities are available!
Please pass this invitation along to any of your colleagues you think may find this event of interest.
For more information, please contact Micheline Lepage at (613) 238-4822 x 2245 or email email@example.com.
See you on April 16th!