The Canada-US Connected Health Workshop, organized by Cross-Border Health, will assemble interested stakeholders and government from the US and Canada to identify common priorities, with a view to fostering greater regulatory and policy coordination in connected health. Cross-Border Health welcomes MEDEC members to participate in the event and provide their perspectives regarding key topics and questions.
Date: December 14, 2016, at the Gaylord National Harbor in Washington DC, as part of the Connected Health Conference.
The Connected Health Conference will be held December 12-14, organized by the Personal Connected Health Alliance (PCHA), an organization that is part of the Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS). The cost of the Canada-US Connected Health Workshop is only $75 and you can register here.
***You do not need to register for the complete Connected Health Conference in order to register for the Canada-US Connected Health Workshop. If you are only interested in attending the workshop, just click on the workshop button on the registration page.***
In partnership with the Canadian Embassy in Washington, DC., business-to-business consultations can be arranged between US and Canadian firms during the event. US or Canadian companies interested in participating in business-to-business consultations should contact Dani Peters (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Oliver Kim (email@example.com), so that meetings can be scheduled in advance.
The Canada-US Connected Health Workshop will feature a number of key speakers from both countries, covering topics that include:
· Regulatory harmonization
· Privacy protection for cloud-based storage
· Common registries
· Critical infrastructure
· Governance over big data for research
Agencies represented will include:
· FDA – Bakul Patel, Associate Center Director for Digital Health, CDRH
· Office of Civil Rights, Department of Health and Human Services – Deven McGraw, Deputy Director for Health Information Privacy
· Office of National Coordinator for Health IT – Steve Posnack, Director, Office of Standards and Technology
· Health Canada (invited- participant TBD),
· Canada Health Infoway – Michael Green, CEO
· Federal Trade Commission – Cora Tung Han, Senior Attorney, Division of Privacy and Identity Protection
· Privacy Commissioner – Jill Clayton, Privacy Commissioner, Province of Alberta
· Ontario Telehealth Network – Dr. Edward Brown, CEO
This workshop builds off a successful summit Cross-Border Health held last November in Washington, DC featuring high-level former and current government officials and stakeholders from agencies in Canada and the United States.
A white paper will be generated from this workshop, with considerations and recommendations to be presented to government authorities in both countries.
The workshop’s website is available here and will be periodically updated with exciting new agenda items.