Advocacy Committee Reoccurring Scheduled meetings
Co-Chairs: Aaron Berk (KPMG) and Peter Jones (Microsoft Canada)
Scheduled meetings: October 16, 2018, December 28, 2018, February 19, 2019 & April 16, 2019
Mandate To promote investment in health ICT and represent the interests of the Canadian health ICT industry to government, key decision makers and opinion leaders.
- Execute on specific advocacy activities to promote the interest of the broader membership aligned to the priorities identified in the strategic plan.
- Meet one-on-one with Ministers of Health (Federal and Provincial) to promote investment in health ICT.
- Support the provincial Ministers of Health through collaboration and information sharing with other Ministers, government officials, decision-makers and opinion leaders to promote the ITAC Health’s priorities.
- Open up channels for dialogue between senior public servants, decision-makers in the broader health sector (e.g. regional CEO’s and CIO’s), opinion leaders (e.g. medical and hospital associations), and the Health ICT industry
- Organize opportunities for the membership to engage directly with key decision makers and politicians (e.g. Queen’s Park Days, Provincial eHealth Briefings etc.)
Contact is: Elaine Huesing, Executive Director, ITAC Health