Interoperability and Standards Committee (ISC)
Materials for the meetings will be sent out prior to the meeting dates, if you would like to find out more about ITAC Health’s ISC and/or would like to participate in the Committee please contact Elaine Huesing .
ITAC Health ISC meetings are held monthly by webinar using GoToMeeting…. to join our meeting please click on https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/697490901
You can also dial in using your phone – Canada +1 (647) 497-9350+1 (647) 497-9350, Access Code: 697-490-901
Co-Chairs: Ken Stevens (Intelliware) and Toni Skokovic (iNTERFACEWARE)
To promote the adoption of internationally accepted standards for technology, nomenclature, data, and interoperability in healthcare.
- To present a unified industry voice and consultation vehicle for government, associations and policy makers and standard setting bodies.
- To assist the vendor community to become more knowledgeable about standards and interoperability issues and solutions and to share this knowledge and expertise.
- Develop skills and knowledge exchange amongst the members and the wider informatics community.
- To formulate positions on issues that may arise with respect to standards and, undertake work to establish how best to address and resolve these issues.
- To promote and facilitate the establishment of national functionality standards, conformance testing and certification processes, including privacy and security issues, so as to facilitate a “level playing field” for all vendors predicated on quality assurance for the marketplace.
- To ensure the development of secure electronic sharing of patient information (with appropriate patient and physician consent) between vendor systems through the use of Canadian and international interoperability standards.
- To help members adopt internationally accepted standards to allow Canadian companies to sell abroad.