Ryerson University and its partners invite you to join us for a breakfast panel discussion and an exciting national project launch on Thursday, October 30, 2014 from 8 -10 am att OneEleven (111 Richmond Street West, 5th Floor).
Hear from our distinguished panelists representing leading organizations from industry, government, and academia to discuss Canada’s Big Data and Data Analytics talent gap. Some of the topics we’ll discuss:
- Does a Big Data and Data Analytics talent gap exist in Canada?
- What are the key industries and key business requirements driving the talent needs?
- What is the profile of these in-demand professionals? How many professionals do we need?
- Why is multi-sector collaboration so important when addressing issues such as a talent gap?
- What is the importance to industry, government, and academia to fill talent gaps?
Also, join the launch of Canada’s first national, multi-sector research project to study the breadth and depth of the Big Data and Data Analytics Talent Gap, and to develop sector-specific as well as cross-sector strategies to help close the gap, so that we can facilitate continued innovation and economic development in Canada. Here, you will also learn more about how your organization can participate in the Big Data Talent Gap Survey 2014.
Register by October 28, 2014