Mumbai, Bengaluru and New Delhi
ICT Trade Mission to India, October 22-27, 2018
Join the Ontario Ministry of International Trade on a Trade Mission anchored to the India Mobile Congress in New Delhi to explore ICT opportunities in India.
Registration is limited to 6 to 10 companies with a clear offering for Indian telecom companies, including software, hardware, security, value-added services, or IoT infrastructure. Registration is prioritized for Ontario companies new to India or which have been inactive in the Indian market in recent years.
About the Trade Mission
- The mission will offer Ontario delegates B2B meetings in Mumbai, Bengalaru and New Delhi, and visits to leading telecom companies, system integrators and other partners.
- Additional benefits include market intelligence and briefings, an introduction to C-level decision-makers from the Indian ICT industry, and access to a Canada Lounge at the India Mobile Congress for meetings and other events.
- The India Mobile Congress trade show, which takes place Oct. 25-27, is organized by the Cellular Operators Association of India and in two years has become the number-one conference + exhibition in India’s telecom ICT space. For more details: http://indiamobilecongress.com/exhibition.html.
Terms and Conditions
- Mission participants are responsible for arranging and paying for their own flights, accommodation, local travel and meals, unless otherwise indicated.
- The Indian government plans to create wireless 5G technologies by the end of 2020 and has set up a high-level 5G committee with this mandate.
- India aims to finalize new IT, e-commerce and IoT policies, including plans to provide Internet for everyone under its Digital India program.
- The country is the second-largest smartphone market in the world behind China. Sixty per cent of India’s Internet users access the Internet on their mobile phones, and the number of smartphone users in the country is expected to rise to 702 million by 2020, up from 239 million at the end of 2015. The Indian population is increasingly using mobile Internet services for banking, education, entertainment and e-commerce.
- Data and digital services are becoming more important for India’s telcos.
- The Ontario Export Market Access program helps SMEs — with annual sales of at least $500,000 and more than 5 employees — to qualify for a grant covering up to 50 percent of the direct costs of accessing and expanding into export markets. This would also include trade mission participation. (https://www.ontario.ca/page/financial-help-and-resources-exporters).
- The CanExport program assists SMEs registered in Canada to develop new export opportunities and markets, especially high-growth emerging markets. The program reimburses up to 50 percent of eligible expenses. (http://international.gc.ca/trade-commerce/funding-financement/canexport/about-apropos.aspx?lang=eng).
Please contact Ms. Fawzia Sheikh at the Ontario Ministry of International Trade, firstname.lastname@example.org, 647-262-2593.