The Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant for the President and CEO, Angela Mondou.
The information and communications technology (ICT) sector is the fuel that ignites innovation across all sectors of our economy. ITAC is a long-standing national association representing a diverse membership that is at the forefront of Canada’s digital economy. ITAC prides itself on its efforts around shaping public policy that supports the growth of talent and access to ICT professionals with diverse experience and backgrounds, better reflecting Canada’s population.
ITAC champions the development of a robust and sustainable digital economy in Canada. A vital connection between business and government, we provide our members with the advocacy, networking and professional development services that help them to thrive nationally and compete globally.
A prominent advocate for the expansion of Canada’s innovative capacity, ITAC encourages technology adoption to capitalize on productivity and performance opportunities across all sectors. A member-driven not-for-profit, ITAC has served as the authoritative national voice of the $170 billion ICT industry for over 60 years. More than 36,000 Canadian ICT firms create and supply goods and services that contribute to a more productive, competitive, and innovative society. The ICT sector generates over one million jobs directly and indirectly and invests $4.9 billion annually in R&D, more than any other private sector performer.
While ITAC continues to represent a broad range of multi-national, large, medium and small-sized ICT enterprises spanning telecommunications and internet services, ICT consulting services, hardware, microelectronics, software and electronic content, and so much more – we also welcome members outside of the ICT sector who are making technology a priority. ITAC currently has more than 250 members.
About the Role – ITAC Executive Assistant
ITAC is a dynamic and exciting place to work. The ideal candidate should be an exceptionally organized and experienced Executive Assistant. A self-starter, with initiative and the ability to manage an extremely busy executive in a fast-paced organization, this candidate will be able to support the day-to-day operations and administrative functions of the President and CEO. Responsibilities include planning ahead for upcoming meetings, travel, and the relentless demands of a CEO’s schedule, which will also include some personal assistant duties.
Highly computer savvy, the candidate will be proficient in all Microsoft programs and have extensive skills working in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The candidate must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have extensive experience meeting with and co-ordinating with senior level executives.
A proactive and positive attitude, and the ability to maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, confidentiality, and personal conduct, is an absolute must.
Location: Mississauga, ON
- Provide a wide variety of administrative, operational and personal support to the President and CEO in a professional office environment.
- Manage the President and CEO’s ever-evolving calendar and co-ordinate appointments, meetings and travel arrangements to ensure a high level of efficiency.
- Acts as a point of contact among executives, employees and other external partners and collaborate with internal departments to provide necessary support.
- Assist with the President and CEO’s internal and external communications to ensure she is aware of all relevant communication in advance of meetings, emails, and conversation.
- Handle sensitive tasks including prioritizing and summarizing incoming material, drafting and disseminating correspondence, and proactively prepares time-sensitive, confidential materials such as meeting agendas, minutes, reports, spreadsheets and documents.
- Co-ordinate and manage special projects and events as required.
- Manage efficiently in a multi-tasked environment and ensure deadlines are met.
- Handle personal assistant duties as required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in supporting senior leaders and executives.
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills, both verbal and written. French would be an asset.
- Proven advanced competence in managing calendars in Microsoft, managing MS office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Proven ability to take initiative and work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task;
- The ability to handle confidential information;
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet challenging and evolving deadlines and priorities.
- High level of attention to details, accuracy, and follow-up is required.
What we Offer
ITAC is a dynamic and engaging organization with a dynamic team. We manage and lead national events, speaking forums, and educational programs that impact businesses across the country. If you like being involved in leading-edge programs that are going to impact our nation, then ITAC is for you! We offer:
- Competitive salary and benefit package; and
- Paid vacations and holidays.
We are committed to diversity in its workplaces and encourage applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. We also provide accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us.
Job Type: Full-time
- Minimum 5 years experience supporting a C-Suite level leader (Preferred).
- Bachelor of Administration or suitable college diploma.
Please forward your resume and salary expectations to Stephanie Vizinho at email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is Friday, May 31, 2019.